Sokerol bags are filled with loose Sokerol, the 100% organic oil and chemical absorbent. Sokerol bags provide maximum flexibility for use where fast action is required to contain a spill. They are safe to handle and do not require any special storage. Sokerol bags can be utilised by any industry to quickly absorb oil and chemical spills on land or water.
Instructions for Use
- On land, after securing the site to prevent further spillage, contain the spill using Sokerol Land Booms or by creating a perimeter of loose Sokerol around the spill. Once contained, generously cover the entire spill with loose Sokerol. Wait 1-2 minutes for maximum absorption and collect product with a broom, rake or scoop. Place used product into a container for disposal.
- To remove carbon stains from concrete, cover the stain with a carbon based solvent, such as mineral or methylated spirits. Brush the solvent into the stain. Generously cover the entire stain and solvent with loose Sokerol. Wait 1-2 minutes for maximum absorpotion and collect product with a broom, rake or scoop. Place used product into a container for disposal.
- On water, after securing the site to prevent further spillage, contain the spill using Sokerol Marine Booms to create a perimeter around the spill. Once contained, generously cover the entire spill with loose Sokerol. Wait 1-2 minutes for maximum absorption and collect product with a skimmer. Place used product into a container for disposal.
- The 5kg Bag of loose Sokerol is the most versatile sized container of loose Sokerol available to purchase with the absorbent capacity of up to 15L per bag and a conveniently sized package which can easily be stored in most vehicles to allow users to react quickly to any medium or small spill in the field.
- The 5kg Bag is also great for use in manufacturing facilities, transportation depots and filling stations or any place where users encounter medium sized spills. Have a large factory or warehouse? Station 5kg Bags and other spill equipment in various locations around your facility so that they will be easily accessed by employees to minimise operational downtime and increase OH&S on site.
How long does Sokerol take to absorb a contaminant?A:
Sokerol typically reaches maximum absorbency after 2 minutes of contact with a contaminant.
How much oil can a 5kg Bag absorb?A:
Each 5kg Bag can absorb up to 15 litres of liquid. CLICK HERE FOR FULL LIST
Do I need to wear any special safety or protective clothing when handling Sokerol?A:
Sokerol is 100% safe to use and handle without protective equipment; however, the contaminants it absorbs are not always as safe. Please use appropriate protective clothing and equipment based on the contaminant being absorbed.
How do I dispose of Sokerol once I have used it to absorb a contaminant?A:
Just as Sokerol absorbs many different hydrocarbons and chemicals, there are various disposal regulations for different contaminants and in different towns, states and countries. Sokerol is a non-leaching absorbent for hydrocarbons, therefore rendering them inert from any further environmental contamination upon absorption; however, Sokerol recommends users check with their local, state or federal authorities for proper disposal regulations based on the contaminant absorbed.
- Product Reference Code: SOK1040
- Each bag contains 5 kilograms of loose Sokerol absorbent
- Each bag absorbs up to 15 litres
- Bags are water resistant and made from 100% recycled materials
- 66 bags per pallet
- MOQ: 1 pallet